.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

I wish...

I wish I could enjoy this pregnancy a little more.

I'm so focused on the risks, that it's hard to really enjoy being pregnant.  I guess the constant nausea and morning all-day sickness doesn't help, either.  I'm amazed at how much more emotional/sensitive I could get (seriously, I bet LAW is super excited to be going on that deployment and missing all the tears that have come along with my pregnancy).  I'm also amazed at how quickly I run out of breath and how tired I feel in a matter of seconds.  One minute I'm fine, and the next I can barely keep my eyes open! I feel like my body is constantly wearing itself out, just by sitting here.  I read that my body is creating 50% more blood to aid in the growth of my uterus and carry more oxygen and nutrients to my frijolito. That in itself puts a lot of pressure on my body and causes most of the tiredness I'm feeling.
I'm also worried about how sick I get after every meal.  I hope I'm getting enough nutrients in my body even though everything comes up shortly after going down.  And then I'm running out of things that sound appetizing.. because let's be real, once that burger comes back up, you really want to hold off on putting another one back down.. TMI?? Imagine living with it! Hahaha!

I don't have my first OB appointment until Nov 8th.  NOVEMBER 8TH!  That's two weeks away.  I'll be eleven weeks by then!  I thought high risk = more doctor visits, more nerves to calm, more frequent appointments!
On the plus side, by then it should be a bit more clear of the direction this is going. I'm hopeful that if I make it that long - if my frijolito makes it that long - then I can ease up a bit and begin planning for a full-term pregnancy.  Still. So much fear surrounding this whole thing.


We finally told the first person in LAW's family yesterday.  It was his sister, JR's birthday, so we called her and told her we got her a present but she couldn't open it until May of next year. She knew what we were talking about way before we made such an obvious statement, though. haha!  We sent her a picture of the ultrasound, and she asked if we were messing with her and we'd downloaded it off the internet - until she saw the name written on the ultrasound.  She's super excited and super supportive.  I can't wait to tell the rest of his family!

Until next time!




Due Date: last week of May 2013


How far along? 9 week'ish

Symptoms: nausea, sore boobs, exhaustion, ridiculous thirst, horrible cramps, and HOLY emotions!

This week, Baby is the size of: a green olive-you!

Total weight gain: still negative what I started.

Gender: unknown, but the sex wars have begun in this household. As much as I want a boy, I still think it's a girl. LAW says it's a boy. MM says it's a girl, SB's vote is boy, and Papa Bear says it's a girl. Looks like "girl" vote is winning!

Food cravings: seriously, mom's home cooking. Can I move her in already?? and cookies.

Anything making you queasy or sick: everything.

Maternity clothes? not for a long while

Sleep: umm. it's getting better I guess!

Movement: negative

Stretch marks? nope

Wedding rings on or off? on

Swelling? Nope

Belly Button in or out? in

Labor Signs: definitely not.

Happy or Moody most of the time: hahaha more emotional than anything.

Best moment this week: telling JR the news!

What I miss: eating without feeling sick.

Looking forward to: Telling more of LAW's family the news.. November 8th, and the following week since it's week twelve! OH and even before that, DM & MM delivering a healthy baby boy, MJM! can't wait to meet him!!!! But I'm really dreading next week.. That's when LAW leaves on his deployment. super sucky!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment