.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Receive a Blessing,

Be a Blessing...


Monday was a great day for me.  DM and MM had their son, MJM, on Sunday!  I got to meet that sweet little boy on Monday evening and then headed to dinner.  As if that wasn't exciting enough... we got to talk to my FIL on our way to dinner.  So LAW and I had been waiting for a few days now to get his dad and stepmom together to tell them the news.  Last Thursday, LAW's stepsister, JB and her husband, CB, placed a little "surprise" in my FIL's house, and we've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to send them looking for it!  Unfortunately, this weekend, my FIL had a drill weekend so when we finally got to talk to him and JW (my stepmom in law) on Monday, it was the first thing we sent them out to do!  The surprise was a little baby hoodie and little gloves and a note saying "Papa J & TT: You may need these when I get here! Love, Baby W*"
They were super excited and basically incomprehensible for about five minutes after that!  All I heard was *scream scream scream, SO EXCITED, scream scream scream, BABY, scream scream scream* So it's safe to say they were stoked!
At dinner, I saw a table full of nuns and a Priest, and I told LAW that I really wanted to ask them to pray for Baby W*, so like a regular stalker, I followed one of the nuns into the restroom... I told her about my situation and asked for prayers if it wasn't too much of a bother.  She was very sweet, and asked if I wanted the Father's blessings, so they did a little circle around me and prayed for my baby's health.  I had this overwhelming sense of calmness when this all happened, and even if it was just for those few minutes, I just felt like things were going to be okay.

After leaving the restaurant, we were driving back to the hospital to pick up my car, and I encountered a super creepy sight... there was a homeless man just creeping on a girl who was walking home by herself, so we drove up to her and let her know what was going on.  We watched until she got home, and the creeper started walking to try and find her but quickly turned around when he couldn't figure out where she'd gone.  Sometimes you receive blessings in your life, and sometimes you have to be a blessing in someone else's life..

I can't believe today is the last day in October. I can't believe LAW leaves so soon.  I can get through this, right?!?!  :(





Due Date: last week of May 2013


How far along? 10 weeks

Symptoms: nausea, exhaustion, moodiness...

This week, Baby is the size of: a prune!

Total weight gain: I actually don't know this week.. I don't own a scale and I haven't been to the doc in a couple of weeks!

Gender: who knows! First dream I had of Baby W* he was a boy, though!

Food cravings: today I've been craving cheese. cheeeeeese.

Anything making you queasy or sick: everything.

Maternity clothes? no

Sleep: I am getting better at that, sometimes I just have bad nights

Movement: none

Stretch marks? nope

Wedding rings on or off? on

Swelling? Nope

Belly Button in or out? in

Labor Signs: definitely not.

Happy or Moody most of the time: It's a sad week for me with LAW heading out.. blah.

Best moment this week: Monday, overall.

What I miss: feeling normal

Looking forward to: next week!  Week eleven, doctor's appointment - hopefully that means an ultrasound to see how Baby W* is doing!  and one week closer to telling the news to the rest of my family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment